Yoga 200 Certification powered by ISSA
The Yoga Alliance Approved Yoga Teacher Training You’ve Been Looking For! Under the guidance of industry-leading yoga experts, gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to build a professional yoga career.
Yoga is all about energy management. The way we engage our physical body can help us direct our energy, whether that’s upwards, outwards, sideways, or inwards.
As an ISSA Yoga 200 student, you’ll explore the ancient practice responsible for healing hearts, minds, and bodies around the world. As you learn to cultivate a deep sense of physical and mental well-being, you’ll root yourself in the knowledge and skills that help you share that with others. Yoga is a powerful pathway to healing, alignment, and connection and this online course lays the foundation to truly change your life- and the lives of others.
After the completion of ISSA’s Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training, students are eligible to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance.
Who are ISSA Yoga 200 Instructors?
ISSA’s Yoga 200 course is ideal for anyone who:
- Wants to develop the skills and expertise to create a space where people can find the warmth and light within, celebrate who they are, and open up to their limitless potential.
- Believes in being a lifelong learner open to not only practicing yoga themselves, but also learning the history, philosophy, and origins of yoga.
- Understands yoga is much more than a physical practice, and therefore instill knowledge in their students to improve their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Wants to create a safe and welcoming environment in which yoga students can grow as individuals while finding peace, joy, and fulfillment in their practice and lives.
What Is Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is the largest non-profit organization representing the yoga community. They are the industry leaders in upholding ethics in yoga instruction and course framework standards to ensure safe, high-quality, accessible, and equitable yoga teaching.ISSA’s Yoga 200 course is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS), which meets the elevated standards of the Yoga Alliance. Students who complete ISSA’s Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
What You’ll Learn From This Course
- Foundational training for yourself, your clients, and your practice
- The history of yoga into modern day practice
- Anatomy and physiology and practical application of Yoga Asana sequences
- The key elements of teaching meditation and breathing techniques
- The art of pose sequencing and transitions for safe and creative classes
- The Signature Foundational Yoga Class of 37 pose breakdowns
- Over 80 yoga postures and when to use modifications
- Techniques for verbal and assisted cueing, and how to structure your yoga class for all levels
- Professional and ethical components of building a successful yoga business
- Teaching Principles
- Cueing Principles
- Sequencing Principles
- In-Depth Posture Sequencing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Professional Development
Virtual Study Studio
Get ready to dive deep into the world of yoga with our Virtual Study Studio! Once a week you’ll have access to LIVE weekly zoom sessions in our Virtual Study Studio where our expert yoga teachers will guide you through a broad range of yoga topics to help deepen your knowledge. We’ve designed the Virtual Study Studio to offer everyone from beginners to experienced yogis access to information that will help them take their practice to the next level.
Can’t make a live session? Not a problem – Virtual Study Studio sessions are uploaded for on-demand access. You never have to worry about missing a moment!
What You’ll Get With This Course
In this comprehensive online yoga course, you will learn pose sequencing inspired by the 7 body chakras to confidently lead Hatha and Vinyasa-style classes. The Yoga 200 course is thoughtfully divided into 10 weeks, each week building upon the previous week. The course content and our yoga experts encourage a deeper connection with yourself and provide you with the tools to create a strong foundation for a professional yoga career. You will develop the skills to design your own yoga class, identify your unique class style, and build an impactful practice.
- Weekly Guided Meditations
Audio meditations to help clear your mind, prepare for new information, and enhance your learning experience.
- Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training Manual (Online)
Over 260 pages of comprehensive mind, body, and yoga expertise.
- Asana Guidebook
Includes the purpose, cueing, props, variations, and cautions of over 80 yoga postures.
- Guided Study Or Self-Paced Study Options
Move through the content in a way that works best for your learning style and schedule.
- Nearly 30 Hours Of Video Lectures
Expert yoga teachers provide guidance on proper alignment, intricate posture adjustments, pose sequencing, verbal cueing, safety considerations, prop placement, and much more!
- Worksheets And Suggested Practice Sessions
Use brainstorming scenarios and practical applications to apply your learning and build confidence.
- Unlimited Educational Support
Call or email our Student Success Team when you need help!
- Online, Open-Book Final Exam With 1 Free Retake
ISSA offers the most NCCA accredited exams in fitness! Our NCCPT exams are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Our NCCPT exams provide you with every opportunity to get your foot in the door of anywhere you want to work. With these accredited exams, you’ll open more doors, and stand out as the trainer who has the best of both worlds.
Save now when you enroll in the Yoga 200 Certification powered by ISSA for just $99/mo!
Compare the ISSA Yoga Basics Certification to the ISSA Yoga 200 Certification: