Protein Pumpkin Roll
We know October is almost over, but there’s still time to make some healthy and delicious pumpkin recipes 🙂
Our friend, macro wizard, Marciano, has taken care of the pumpkin recipe for you this month, so make sure to try it out and let us and Marciano know what you thought about it.
And please give Marciano a follow on his Instagram @macro_marciano for more recipes!
Here we are in October already, crazy how time flies but super excited to share this recipe with you, it honestly couldn’t have came out any better!
This recipe is relatively easy and doesn’t take long. No special ingredients and the taste is amazing and of course the calorie count and macro breakdown per slice cannot be beat!
Macros Per Slice:
- Carbohydrates- 7.5g
- Fats- 1g
- Protein- 14.5g
- and Only 97 Calories
Ingredients for Roll:
- 60g Whey Protein Powder (vanilla) I
- used a plain multi-purpose
- 20g Coconut Flour
- 70g Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 60g Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Container Dannon Light and Fit
- Pumpkin or Greek Yogurt or 5oz
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 100ml Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Zero Calorie Sweetener of choice
- 1tbs pumpkin spice flavor
- 3g baking powder
- 9×13 Pan
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 5 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- (Dannon light and fit)
- 5oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 10g Fat Free/Sugar Free Pudding Mix
- 2Tbs zero Cal Sweetener
Directions are Simple:
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Begin by adding all the pumpkin roll ingredients into a large bowl
3. Mix until you have batter like consistency
4. Spray 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray pour batter and spread evenly
5. Place cake in oven for 12 minutes or until toothpick comes clean when poked.
6. While cake is baking lets start making the cream cheese filling. Mix all Cream Cheese Frosting into bowl.
*Soften cream cheese before hand or use microwave, also a hand mixer makes this a bit easier!
7. When cake is done allow to cool. Then you will need some wax paper, lay it down and spread some zero cal sweetener down so cake doesn’t stick to wax paper
8. Now we need to roll the entire cake so it’s used to being in rolled form. Allow cake to stay in this position for a few minutes.
9. Now unroll cake and begin to fill with cream cheese frosting!
- Now carefully roll back up the cake!!
- Move to a plate allow to chill in the fridge, sprinkle some zero calorie sweetener
- Slice up and dig in!
This honestly hands down is one of my best creations to date. It tastes amazing!
You get the perfect pumpkin and cream cheese combination and the macros are on point.
I hope you guys try this one out and let me know what you think.
Again thanks to Eric and Chris for letting me share something I enjoy with everyone!
You can find me on all social media handles @macro_marciano enjoy!
Want more healthy, macro friendly, and delicious recipes like these? Download our FREE app HERE