ISSA Strength & Conditioning Certification
Help any client reach peak performance!
Anatomy, body composition, and the way you move affect energy and performance. The best trainers use this to their benefit.
As a certified Strength and Conditioning coach, you’ll learn exactly how to help your clients work with what they have to build unbelievable endurance, strength, power and speed.What You’ll Gain in a Career as a Strength and Conditioning Coach
As a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, you’ll be able to pursue your passion for fitness and helping coach athletes to reach their peak performance. By becoming certified in strength and fitness, you’ll learn how to train high performing athletes and produce result-driven programs that any employer would be begging to have.
Plus you’ll be able to:
- Study at your own pace with flexible, online learning to fit your busy schedule.
- Pass your certification exam online wherever you’re most comfortable, or take one of the only accredited exams that will get you in the door.
- Enjoy unlimited educational support from your team who loves fitness too!
- Rest easy with great customer support before, during and after your certification.
What You’ll Learn From This Course
ISSA’s Strength and Conditioning Certification course is regularly updated to ensure students are getting access to all the latest in exercise and training developments.
- How to apply the principles of metabolism, body mechanics, and anatomy to help athletes of any level reach their optimal performance
- Understand the athlete anatomy and how body mechanics and structure influence energy and performance levels
- Learn how to communicate exercise instruction and benefits to your clients
- Get the tools to develop personalized fitness programs intended to increase endurance, strength, power, and speed
- How to apply the principles of nutrition and supplementation as they relate to each individual athlete
- Learn to identify the strains of over-training and how to prevent injuries
- How to properly perform fitness assessments and monitor an athlete’s progress and growth
- Learn the fundamentals of sports psychology and how to mentally prepare athletes to overcome hurdles and perform to their highest ability
How It Works
- Enroll now and get instant access
- Study at your own pace – 1 HR/Day finishes in 10 weeks
- Use your dedicated Success Coach for study help
- Take chapter quizzes to see your progress
- Pass the open-book, untimed Final Exam from anywhere!
What You’ll Get With This Course
- Online Course Textbook
Strength and Conditioning is a 586 page book that includes everything you need to earn an ISSA Strength and Conditioning Certification. The course material is continually updated with new information so you can be sure you’re receiving the most up-to-date information available.
- Online Study Guide and Workbook
This online handy reference guide walks you through the course unit-by-unit, allowing you to gain a better understanding of personal trainer concepts.
- Practice Exam and Section Quizzes
The practice exam and quizzes test your understanding of the materials; so while you’re reading you’re preparing for the exam at the same time.
- Online Exercise Lab
ISSA and Hyperstrike provide you with an exclusive online exercise lab with over 250 animated exercises. 3D animation and three different angles ensure that proper form and technique are a breeze!
- Online and Home Study Exam
ISSA’s certification exam solidifies your proficiency as a fitness professional. Choose a paper-and-pencil exam or utilize our secure online testing portal. One No-cost Retest (if necessary).
- NCCPT exam accredited by the NCCA*
*Proctoring fee not included
- Online Student Forum
Our online forum is where you can post client or business challenges and receive guidance from our on-staff Master Trainers and members of the ISSA family worldwide.
- Free Professional Website
All ISSA members get a free website to support their personal trainer careers online. Five pages of professionally designed, easily editable, fully hosted content is included. Choose from nine designs and put your best face forward online! To learn more about this benefit, click here.
- Unlimited Educational Support
All ISSA students have access to unlimited educational support. If you have questions about the course materials, our on-staff professors can guide you through.
ISSA’s Certification Accreditation Information
ISSA offers the most NCCA accredited exams in fitness! Our NCCPT exams are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Our NCCPT exams provide you with every opportunity to get your foot in the door of anywhere you want to work. With these accredited exams, you’ll open more doors, and stand out as the trainer who has the best of both worlds.
To purchase the accredited exam separately, click here.